A Sober Speakeasy...

     Hey there, friends! Are you looking for a new feeling of community? Do you like dressing up like someone out of the roaring 20's? Are you planning on observing a "Dry January" or do you just enjoy non-alcoholic drinks and would like to know how to make one for yourself? I have just the event for you! I've been working with a group of young adults from Smoke Rise Baptist Church for the last few months on a pop-up event in collaboration with Princeton and we've come up with something pretty unique! We call it a "Sober Speakeasy," where we will capture the essence of a cool exclusive club nestled in the heart of Downtown Tucker, Georgia, but we would love for people to come! We'll have some silent films in the background while you meet and converse with people, play old games, and a tutorial to show how to make non-alcoholic "mocktails." Make sure to keep your eyes peeled though, I've heard rumors of another club in town that's pretty upset about what we're trying to do here... I wouldn't put it past them to try some sabotage (I should say that this is just a fun social game to encourage people to get to know each other). The party will start around 7 and go until 9 on January 19, and it's completely free, though it is geared towards people between 18 and 32 years old. The address is Yes Eventz, which can be found at 2321 Main Street, Tucker, GA 30084.


    If you're in the mood to live for a few hours like the characters in The Great Gatsby, I do hope you'll accept this formal invitation to our humble Sober Speakeasy, old sport. It's going to be a fun night and I hope to see you all there! I'm Jonathan Bowers, your Self-Proclaimed informant, and I hope we'll see you soon!

Comments

  1. Sounds like great fun! I'll drive my Duesenberg over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up with games (Thoughts on positive impacts of gaming on a person)

Becoming A Character in The Story