Even more news? I'll take it! (Nintendo Indie World/ Partner Showcase wrap-up)

     Hey friends, lots of gaming news coming out every week, huh? This week, we got a Nintendo Partner Showcase and an Indie World showcase back to back, so I thought it would be good to spend a little time going over some of the announcements that were shared this week as well. This presentation was only 40 minutes with the two segments combined, so I should be able to be a little more short-winded than I have been on some topics. I'm almost hoping for less gaming news next week because there has been so much recently, I've only been able to write about that for a while! Thanks for hanging with me while I focus so much time on my favorite topic.


Two shows for the price of one!

    This is the first time that Nintendo has ever combined two of their smaller showcases into one big showing, and I feel like it went over really well! The two best announcements for me were definitely getting Pizza Tower and a DS Castlevania collection on switch right after the presentation. Indie World is always a bit weird because so many of the ideas are things that we just haven't seen before, or that we haven't seen in a while at least. We're getting a new Coffee Talk game, Coffee Talk Tokyo which is coming sometime next year, Neva, from Nomada Studio (the makers of Gris) is coming October 14, and lots of other exciting announcements! Sea of Stars is getting a DLC next spring, which really reminded me that I need to go back and finish that game sometime soon. Balatro is getting crossovers with Among Us, Vampire Survivors, The Witcher 3, and Dave the Diver which all came out the day of the direct as well. Powerwash Simulator is getting a Shrek DLC in the near future, there was a game called Date Everything where you can date everyday objects, such as Wyndolyn (the window), or Luxe (the lamp). That's coming out October 24th and just looks so silly. Peglin is another game that's releasing the day of the direct, and it looks like an RPG that you play like Peggle, so I'm a big fan of that! Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope DX is coming next year, and allows you to play as tons of different characters besides the titular knight, so I'm looking forward to that, even though I already bought Treasure Trove a while ago. The Plucky Squire finally received a release date a week or so ago, which is September 17, so it didn't get much time here, but I'm looking forward to that game so much! Of course, the Indie World presentation wrapped up with the aforementioned Pizza Tower announcement and shadow drop, which I'm very excited about, since it looks like Wario Land, a franchise that Nintendo has not made since Wario Land: Shake It! on the Wii back in 2008.

    The Partner Showcase started by announcing Tetris Forever, a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Tetris as a concept, and a collection of a bunch of different games. On top of that, Tetris for the NES is being added to the NES Switch Online app sometime this winter, which is cool for me specifically, because that was the version that I grew up with. Star Overdrive was shown off, a game where you ride a hoverboard through the desert and have to fight off alien creatures. That looked cool, though it's hard to say if I would enjoy that game. There's an Anniversary edition of Worms Armageddon, which is always a good time, especially if you were a big fan of Tanks (the Flash game) back in the day. Patrick Star is getting his own game, fittingly called Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game, and while at first, I assumed it would be another 3D platformer in the style of Battle For Bikini Bottom or Cosmic Shake, it actually looks more like Goat Simulator, so I'm not really looking forward to that one. Capcom Fighting Collection 2 was announced with a pretty stacked roster of games. Capcom Vs. SNK 1 and 2, Power Stone 1 and 2, Project Justice, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Plasma Sword. It's coming sometime next year, and along with that, we finally got a release date for Marvel Vs. Capcom Collection, coming September 12 for the digital version, with the physical coming November 22. That's a pretty wide gap between digital and physical, so I'm not sure how many physical sales they'll be making with it, but I'm sure some will wait for it. 

    We're getting a remaster of Suikoden 1 and 2 on March 6, I'm not sure exactly what that is, but one of my friends told me to keep an eye on it because they were really good games from the original Playstation. We had the Castlevania Dominus collection which I mentioned at the top, which shadow dropped right after the presentation as well. This collection contains Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin, and Dawn of Sorrow, along with a reimagined version of Haunted Castle, which was an arcade game from the Castlevania franchise that was released in 1986! That's a pretty cool piece of history right there to stick in with three games for the Nintendo DS. My Sims Cozy Bundle is a collection of the original My Sims and My Sims Kingdom, both of which came out for the Wii, so some folks are definitely nostalgic for that. This announcement also brought me to the weird revelation that the Switch has been out for 7 years now and is just now getting its first Sims game. To close out the show, they showed off a new Rune Factory game, Ruins of Azuma coming Spring 2025, and then a port of Yakuza Kiwami. Yakuza games are always nuts, but I'm interested to see how well that will run on the Switch. That's a really good looking game, and I hope the Switch can handle it.

    I'm sorry for all of my friends that don't know anything about video games, it has been a pretty busy few weeks for the industry as a whole, and I'll try my best to find something less video game focused in the weeks ahead, but no promises! I love all this news and it's always so nice to get an announcement that you've been waiting a long time for, like how I was waiting for Pizza Tower to come to console basically since it first came out. There were a lot of things announced here, and somehow September is getting more and more stacked by the day. I hope you saw something from the presentation that you were interested in, I know I did!

    Thanks so much for reading this, friends! I hope you've had a good week, and I'm excited to hear about how excited other people are to different announcements that were made during this 40 minute block. Will we get another direct in September, since traditionally we get a Nintendo Direct of some sort in September? We have to be getting information of the Switch successor sometime soon, but we're still getting lots of good things for the Switch, which I'm happy about! Until next time, I'm Jonathan, a Self-Proclaimed Reporter once again, and I'll talk to you again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sober Speakeasy...

Growing up with games (Thoughts on positive impacts of gaming on a person)

Becoming A Character in The Story